Ichonex 100ml (Aquasonic)
Assists in the treatment of whitespot and velvet disease in freshwater aquaria.
- Treatment of whitespot ( Ichthyophirius Multifillis) disease.
- Treat at the rate of 5mL per 40 litres on first day and on days 2 & 3 at 1/2 of the initial rate (2.5mL/40L).
- To maximize result, 1/2 the daily dosage, adding it to the tank twice (morning and night).
Ichonex assists in the treatment of whitespot (Ichthyophirius multifillis) disease, without the toxic effects of conventional treatments and without staining.
Ichonex (a copper based product) has a proven track record for effective control of whitespot infections in fish. The copper component is more toxic at low pH, so keep pH above 7.5.
Observe copper levels using Aquasonics Copper Test Kit.
Raising the temperature to 28-30 degree celsius will also assist with shortening the life cycle of the parasite thereby targeting the affected stage of ich life cycle, more effectively.
- Perform a gravel vacuum prior to medicating the aquarium – this helps to remove eggs in the substrate.
- 5mL per 40 litres on day 1.
- On days 2 & 3 at 1/2 of the initial rate (2.5mL/40L).
- To maximise result, 1/2 the daily dosage, adding it to the tank twice (morning and night).
Please note that copper can be an issue when using with shrimp and catfish and some fish.